Wednesday 23 November 2011

Thanksgiving Week: Parsley Potatoes

I've just realised that on Thanksgiving we never really had a main meal, just a whole bunch of sides. (Like, probably 12. I will try to compile a list later this week.) This is a recipe for parsley-fried potatoes. They are just the yummiest - and also green! This is an easy recipe, and takes about an hour - most of which is cooking time.

Ingredients to serve 3-4 as a side dish:

  • 6 medium-sized potatoes, cut into chunks
  • 2 heaping tbsp Nuttelex
  • giant handful of parsley, minced
  • a bit of salt
  • water for boiling

The first step is to parboil the potatoes - cook them in a pot of boiling water until just tender, then drain (I like to scratch them up a bit with a fork to make them extra crispy when cooking). In the mean time, mince the parsley and put into a pot with the Nuttelex.

IMG_2424

Cook slowly and stir until the Nuttelex turns green, then add the potatoes, stirring until covered in parsley. Add salt as you stir.

IMG_2425
IMG_2426
IMG_2427

Cook on medium-low and then medium heat until they're a nice reddish-brown colour.

IMG_2428

Stir fairly often, but not too often - I stir as soon as I notice one side of the potato is starting to brown. I also like to gradually increase the heat throughout cooking so as to end up with a nice crispy potato! Serve with a bit of ketchup and as many more side dishes that will fit on your plate!

IMG_2429


1 comment:

  1. I love parsley!!!! and I love potatoes!!! what could be better than combining them (except in salad form) and I've never thought to try until now - thankyou!

    ReplyDelete